- I just signed up and paid, why can’t I sign in and use the service? All applications for our service will be reviewed to make sure you qualify to use our service as a music professional. The review process can take from a few minutes up to 24 hours. You will be notified via email as soon as your application is approved or declined. Until your account is approved, you will not receive access to our service.
- What is Direct Music Service? Direct Music Service, or DMS for short, is an online promotional record pool for DJs, producers, radio mixers & music directors. Since 1999, we have been supplying DJs and music professionals with specialized, top quality DJ friendly music intro edits. All of our intro edits are the highest quality available direct from artists & labels. We also offer exclusive content from our in-house remix crew which includes industry heavyweights like Danny Diggz, DJ Scooter and DJ Kue to name a few. We strive to have a wide range of music available from all decades and genres to accommodate DJs playing many type of events. More information about our service & subscription terms can be found on our subscribe page.
- Do you have a mobile app? Yes we do! The FREE DMS mobile app for iOS and Android changes the way DJs work. You are no longer confined to sitting in front of your laptop to get your DJ work done, thanks to the DMS mobile app you can get it done anywhere, anytime. Our mobile app syncs directly with your Dropbox account so your files are available to you as soon as you open your laptop. Search “Direct Music Service” in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store from your mobile device.
- How do I access the music videos? For customers that have signed up for Pro Monthly or Pro Yearly subscriptions, a complimentary Pro account to SmashVidz.com, the leader in high quality video content, is included with your subscription. To activate your account with SmashVidz, login to your DMS account and go to the “account” link to activate the button that links your username/password to the SmashVidz.com site. After activating the button, you can then login to their site using your DMS username & password.
- How Often Does Direct Music Service Update? DMS is updated each and every weekday, Monday through Friday. The latest uploads can be found by clicking the “New Releases” button on the left side navigation.
- How Much Does It Cost? Direct Music Service has a total of six different subscription options including 3 different monthly & 3 different yearly packages to fit your needs. Our yearly packages offer substantial discounts over our monthly plans. All of our subscription options can be found on our subscribe page.
- How Do I Cancel?
PayPal customers: click on the “Cancel Subscription” box on the account page after logging in. Alternatively, you can login to your PayPal account and click on your last DMS payment, it will open up expanded details of the payment then click on “Manage Direct Music Service payments” and follow prompts to cancel. Alternatively, you can login to your PayPal account and click the settings icon (little cog wheel in upper right corner) then scroll down to Payment Settings and click on “Preapproved payments” link and find “Direct Music Service” to cancel.
Credit card customers: click on the account link after logging in and scroll down to cancel your billing section. After canceling, you will have site access until the end of your current billing cycle.
- How Do I Update My Payment Information?
PayPal customers: login to your PayPal account then click the settings icon (little cog wheel in upper right corner) then scroll down to Payment Setting and click on “Preapproved payments.” From there, click on “Direct Music Service” and change your info under “Funding Source.”
Credit card customers: you can update your credit card details by clicking on the account link after logging in and scrolling down to update.
- How Can I Upgrade or Downgrade My Account?
PayPal customers: You can upgrade your account after logging in by clicking on the “account” link in the upper right and scrolling down to the upgrade options at the bottom of the page. To downgrade your account or if you are having difficulty upgrading, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Credit card customers: You can easily upgrade or downgrade your account by clicking on the account link after logging in.
- What Date Will I Be Charged? For monthly billing cycles, recurring payments are collected on the same day of the month as your original sign up date. If the initial recurring payment falls on the 31st, PayPal eventually adjusts the billing cycle to the 1st of the month. If the initial recurring payment falls on the 29th or 30th, PayPal adjusts the billing cycle to the 1st of the month on the following February. When Monthly Recurring Payments Are Due and Collected on the 31st.
- How Can I Reactivate My Previously Canceled Account? You can reactivate your account by logging in with your previous username & password and following the reactivation prompts.
- How Do I Update My Personal Information like my email or address? Your personal account information can be updated by logging in and going to the “account” link. From there you can update your personal information, change your password or upgrade your account among other things.
- What Web Browsers are Supported? DMS supports Chrome, Firefox, Safari 9 & newer, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 plus.
- I’m experiencing technical issues with your site. How can I get assistance? Please email email@example.com for all your tech support issues.
- My copyrighted content is on DMS without my consent. Whom do I contact? Direct Music Service respects all copyright holders and takes copyright infringement seriously. Please fill out our DMCA form for immediate compliance.
- Does DMS Accept Material From Remixers & Editors? Direct Music Service does accept material from outside remixers & editors but not all will material will make it onto DMS. To submit a track, simply email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each track and/or remixer will be considered on a case by case basis. No tracks will be uploaded on DirectMusicService.com without the remixer or editor’s consent.
- Does Direct Music Service Accept Requests? DMS has a very extensive library of the tracks that most DJs need to be successful. However, if you do not see a particular track that you need an edit for, we can make one for you (in most cases). Please send us a track request with a brief description to: email@example.com — we do our best to fill requests.
- How Can I Get Featured As a DMS Monday Mini Mix? Every Monday DMS features a 30 minute mix from a different DJ spinning any music format the DJ chooses on our front Blog page. The mixes can be all hip hop, house, rock, reggae, just Jay-Z tracks, open format, 80s, 90s or whatever you choose. However, all DMS Monday Mini Mixes MUST use edits from DMS ONLY. If you want to be considered for a DMS Monday Mini Mix, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for details and scheduling.